Yukihito Kono is photographer living between London and Japan. He is one half of STAY ALONE, a platform/publishing house for independent artists. Yukihito has released a handful of self-published books, perhaps most notably 244, which features 30 pages of photocopied prints of waves and water. Yukihito’s work seems to be testing out new ideas and styles of photography; I would say his photos are delicate and explorative. -CM
1. Why do you take photos?
Something arouses my desire to photograph, and I just follow it.
2. Do you carry your camera with you everywhere you go?
I usually carry small Contax with me.
3. What celebrity would you like to shoot most?
I’m not into celebrities that much.
5. What is your favorite smell?
Smell of some books/papers. They’re so addictive.
6. Would you like to live forever?
7. What do you think is the best photo you have ever taken to date?
There are images I like, but I can’t select just one from them. Every picture can be the best, it depends on your feeling.
8. What’s your favorite pastime?
Listening to music, playing guitar and reading books.
10. Who are your favorite photographers, currently?
Michael Schmidt, William Eggleston, Jules Spinatsch, Ruth van Beek and Koji Kitagawa.
© 2019 The Editorial Magazine