Reginald Levy is a 17-year-old film photographer working in Altanta, GA. He submitted his work to us last week and it was refreshingly raw and natural compared to the usual photoshop editorials we receive. Looking through his photos was like clicking through someone’s photo album – point-and-shoot snapshots of friends, nights out – a glimpse into a teen scene. -CM
1. Why do you take photos?
Photography is a way of expression for me; I have a really hard time expressing my thoughts verbally.
2. Do you carry your camera with you everywhere you go?
No, I try to but that proves to create high anxiety.
3. What celebrity would you like to shoot most?
Kim Jong-un or Gael Garcia Bernal
4. What animal would you like to be, if not a human?
An Eagle only because that’s the first thing that came to mind.
5. What is your favorite smell?
Probably the smell of food in general; I love food.
6. Would you like to live forever?
No, why would you?
7. What do you think is the best photo you have ever taken to date?
I like pretty much all my photos equally that’s like trying to pick your favorite child.
8. What’s your favorite pastime?
Reading architecture/graphic design books or watching films.
9. Do you like having your photo taken?
No not really but this might change if I ever get photographed by someone whose photography I actually like.
10. Who are your favorite photographers, currently?
Jürgen Teller, Nigel Shafran, and Larry Clark as far as older photographers go, but I’m really into younger ones too like: Ren Hang, Takuroh Toyama, Mira Heo, oh yeah and GORSAD is cool.
© 2019 The Editorial Magazine