Pat O’Rourke is a photographer from Toronto. When he’s not skateboarding or running around town with his friends, Pat is capturing odd scenes from the everyday landscape. Pat began shooting on a disposable camera when he was 10 years old, and has since mastered the on-the-go snapshot. Although most of his photos are unplanned, they often seem like arranged still lifes.
2. Do you carry your camera with you everywhere you go?
Most days just my cell phone, but it really depends. Usually if I wake up, its sunny out, and I have film at home, I’ll walk to work and throw my camera in my bag just incase.
3. What celebrity would you like to shoot most?
I don’t know, maybe Dennis Rodman Chicago Bulls era.
4. What animal would you like to be, if not a human?
Probably a dog, I feel like you would get the most love
5. What is your favorite smell?
The first thing that came to mind was new leather sneakers.
6. Would you like to live forever?
If I was healthy, then why not
7. What do you think is the best photo you have ever taken to date?
I don’t really have an individual favourite, but I’m happy with my most recent photos from a vacation to Florida. I shot so much while I was there; everything is just so bright and colourful. I’m currently working on a zine with that body of work.
9. Do you like having your photo taken?
I wouldn’t say I like it, but if I’m comfortable around the photographer or like their work, I’m down.
10. Who are your favorite photographers, currently?
Nico Krijno, Maurice Van Es, Nich Hance McElroy, Kent Andreasen, Peter Sutherland
© 2019 The Editorial Magazine