Brooklyn photographer Morgan Maher’s work consists mostly of portraits of young women. Carefully lit and styled, she captures her subjects in thoughtful, honest moments. A certain element of youth and dreaminess can be found her scenes and subjects. The young photographer will be moving to France to study at SCAD this fall and we look forward to seeing more of her fantastical photographs. -Talya Cyr
1. Why do you take photos?
I like to remember beautiful and important things.
2. Do you carry your camera with you everywhere you go?
I didn’t until recently. Now I carry around a new digital camera I just bought.
3. What celebrity would you like to shoot most?
Harry Styles! I love him!!!
4. What animal would you like to be, if not a human?
A golden retriever. I want to be loved, held, and played with all the time.
5. What is your favorite smell?
Cookies and lavender, but not at the same time.
6. Would you like to live forever?
No, that sounds really scary.
7. What do you think is the best photo you have ever taken to date?
I don’t have one!
8. What’s your favorite pastime?
Taking pix, playing dress up, sending flirty txt’s.
9. Do you like having your photo taken?
Only by people that I like.
10. Who are your favorite photographers, currently?
Alex Prager, Ian Lewandowski, Lauren Greenfield, Kelly Surdo, Maisie Cousins, Richard Kern.
© 2018 The Editorial Magazine