Liam Crivellaro’s photos take you to a place of youth, sunshine and salt water. His photos exude their own innate and appealing adolescent nostalgia as they depict his young friends messing around in sunshine-soaked scenes. The 16 year old surfer and skateboarder from Cape Cod has been documenting his adventures and road trips with a 35mm disposable camera for just over year. Liam is the youngest photographer to be featured on Shoot the Breeze. – Talya Cyr
1. How would you describe your photos?
Damn. This is a hard one to do with out sounding super cliche… I like vibrant colors and like color themes through out the body of work I am creating.
2. Do you carry your camera with you everywhere you go?
Yeah, pretty much. If I’m not carrying it its more than likely rolling around on the floor of my car in sand haha. If its not there its probably lost somewhere in all the clothes on my floor.
3. What celebrity would you like to shoot most?
Hmmm… maybe Marcel Castenmiller. Would be cool to hang/shoot with.
4. What animal would you like to be, if not a human?
Definitely a lemur they look like they have so much fun.
5. What’s your current obsession?
I’m really into my zine I have been working on lately, and Japan, haha.
6. Would you like to live forever?
Yeah. haha, for sure. Id get to see so many crazy things and do so many crazy things.
7. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
My drivers Ed teacher told me to never go the speed limit… so if I ever get any speeding tickets I’m blaming him… haha
8. What do you do in your spare time?
I ride freestyle bmx, surf and drink way too much coffee haha.
9. Do you like having your photo taken?
Yeah I do.
10. Which photographers do you like right now?
My friend Cole Barash. I draw a lot of inspiration from his work.
© 2019 The Editorial Magazine