Intro by Darby Milbrath
I met Kristie recently in an alleyway in Chinatown, Toronto. I liked her right away. She felt like a sister. Kristie’s photos seem to focus on parts instead of wholes, framing and isolating the bland or the ordinary parts of life until they seem surreal, like repeating a word over and over again until it’s nonsensical. It’s like she’s an alien sent down to surveil earth. I’d like to go into her head for awhile and see what she sees and know what she dreams about.
1. Why do you take photos?
It doesnt make a mess and it feels like stealing
2. Do you carry your camera with you everywhere you go?
Ya it’s always in my bag
3.What celebrity would you like to shoot most?
4. What animal would you like to be, if not a human?
5. What is your favorite smell?
6. Would you like to live forever?
7. What do you think is the best photo you have ever taken to date?
Something from instagram
8. What’s your favorite pastime?
Driving, or drinking/dancing
9. Do you like having your photo taken?
© 2017 The Editorial Magazine