Garrett Lockhart is a photographer from Nanaimo, BC, who lives and works out East now. He sent us some new work as a Thanksgiving present – a pink sunset, a blue umbrella, nice things to look at. I’m really into his car series, which is a compilation of close-ups of car paint jobs. Have a look below! – CM
1. Why do you take photos?
I always felt the need to communicate how I see things, and found taking photos was the laziest way to do it.
2. Do you carry your camera with you everywhere you go?
Not usually, except for my iPhone.
3. What celebrity would you like to shoot most?
Tie between Shania Twain, Drake, or North West.
4. What animal would you like to be, if not a human?
Probably a sloth.
5. What is your favorite smell?
Rain or fresh bagels.
6. Would you like to live forever?
No. I want to be a ghost one day.
7. What do you think is the best photo you have ever taken to date?
I like to think the most recent photo I’ve taken would be my best to date, but that’s probably not true.
8. What’s your favorite pastime?
Shooting my idiot roommates.
9. Do you like having your photo taken?
Not really, but I’m getting more comfortable.
10. Who are your favorite photographers, currently?
David Brandon Geeting, Molly Matalon, Corey Olsen, Monika Levchenkova, Osma Harvilahti, among others.
© 2018 The Editorial Magazine