Photographer and fellow member of The Ardorous, Dafy Hagai explores the female subject in suburban Israel. My favourite of her works depict grand Arab structures. Dafy’s zines, ‘Israeli Girls’ and ‘Pink Arab’ feel as much like fashion as they do documentary. -CM
1. Why do you take photos?
because it makes me feel romantic
2. Do you carry your camera with you everywhere you go?
No, just my iphone camera
3. What celebrity would you like to shoot most?
4. What animal would you like to be, if not a human?
5. What is your favorite smell?
Weed and morning
6. Would you like to live forever?
7. What do you think is the best photo you have ever taken to date?
I guess one of the ones I took last week.
8. What’s your favorite pastime?
9. Do you like having your photo taken?
Depends who’s the photographer
10. Who are your favorite photographers, currently?
I’ve been liking Viviane Sassen, Ed Ruscha and Alec Soth, lately.
© 2020 The Editorial Magazine