Intro by Darby Milbrath
I didn’t know anything about Reuben Wu except that he’s in Ladytron, but Claire showed his photography and it’s pretty fucking crazy. It seems Reuben Wu leads a remarkable life, traveling around shooting film photographs of the most beautiful and bizarrely space-like landscapes, as well as abandoned nuclear sites and atomic weapons. His infrared pix are like dreams; it’s hard to believe some of the things he has seen.
1. Why do you take photos?
Because of a remarkable place, person or experience
2. Do you carry your camera with you everywhere you go?
No, but I have my phone camera on me all the time
3. What celebrity would you like to shoot most?
I don’t know. Someone like Tilda Swinton
4. What animal would you like to be, if not a human?
An owl or something
5. What is your favorite smell?
Garlic, cheese and fire
6. Would you like to live forever?
No, but long enough to have made my mark
7. What do you think is the best photo you have ever taken to date?
Maybe this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hahahahahahahahaaa/8868179244/
8. What’s your favorite pastime?
9. Do you like having your photo taken?
Yes it’s fine
© 2017 The Editorial Magazine